The illegal trade and flow of people, goods and substances occurring in Africa have an impact beyond the continent’s borders, as shown by rising irregular migration and illicit financial flows into Europe.
Key findings from the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organised Crime’s (GI-TOC) Organised Crime Index will set the scene for a deep dive into Africa’s drug and environmental crime markets, drawing on empirical research and criminal intelligence analysis. Illicit flows from the continent into Europe will also be explored, along with cross-regional responses.
Moderator: Ornella Moderan, ENACT Advisory Board member
- Opening remarks: Matthew Wilner-Reid, European Union
- Ronak Gopaldas, Director, Signal Risk
- Mark Shaw, Director, GI-TOC
- Rumbi Matamba, Analyst, East and Southern Africa Observatory, GI-TOC
- Anabella Corridoni, Analytical Coordinator, INTERPOL ENACT
- TBC, Head of Criminal Analysis Unit, Gabon
- Lucia Bird, Director, West Africa Observatory, GI-TOC
- Kingsley Madueke, Nigeria Research Coordinator, GI-TOC
- Serge Epouhe, Analyst, INTERPOL ENACT
- Oluwole Ojewale, Regional Organised Crime Coordinator, Central Africa, ISS ENACT
- TBC, Head of Criminal Analysis Unit, Malawi