This event launches the 2020-2022 report of the West African Epidemiology Network on Drug Use (WENDU). Speakers will discuss the latest estimates and trends on drug abuse and drug supply, as well as trafficking in substandard and counterfeit medicinal products in West Africa.
WENDU is an Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) project that aims to improve the information available to policymakers dealing with the social, health and economic consequences of alcohol and drug use.
Simultaneous interpretation in English, French and Portuguese will be provided.
Moderator: Dr Sintiki Tarfa Ugbe, Director, Humanitarian and Social Affairs, ECOWAS Commission
- Prof Fatou Sow Sar, Commissioner, Human Development and Social Affairs, ECOWAS Commission
- Eric Pelser, Head, ENACT, Institute for Security Studies (ISS)
- Daniel Amankwaah, Principal Programme Officer, Drug Prevention and Control, ECOWAS Commission
- Dr Bill Ebiti Nkereuwem, Consultant
- Dr Christian Ani, Senior Researcher and Project Coordinator, ENACT, ISS
- Djossou Galbert, Consultant